Supported by: SPP Foundation; Západoslovenská energetika; Embassy of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in Slovakia; Taipei Representative Office, Bratislava, Mr. Jacques Faure, French Ambasador to Slovakia, Open Society Institute
Time Span: May 2006 – June 2007
IVO Project Team: Miroslav Kollár (project leader, editor), Grigorij Mesežnikov and Martin Bútora (editors), Zora Bútorová, Oľga Gyárfášová, Jarmila Filadelfiová, Marián Velšic (authors) and others.
External experts and consultants: 48 authors of texts and 27 reviewers.
- To analyze social development and implementing of political, social and economic reforms in the first complete year of the new government from the point of view of the expected development of the Slovak Republic as member of the EU and NATO.
- To present the findings to the domestic and international audiences.
- To enhance the public awareness about the priorities of social development and effective democratic public administration.
- To increase the quality of independent social analysis.
- To strengthen the cooperation between think tanks and NGOs as well as other important public actors in democratic change in Slovakia.
- To assist to promote values of open society, development of culture and support of young scientists.
- Publication of Slovak and English versions of the annual analytical report Slovakia 2006.
- Presentations of the report in the media and in a cycle of lectures at Slovak universities and academic centers.
- Dissemination of the publication to libraries, departments and faculties of social sciences and to high schools across the country.
- Publication Slovensko 2006. Súhrnná správa o stave spoločnosti.
- Publication Slovakia 2006. Global Report on the State of Society.